Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party Bead Hoarders Edition 2017

                                                      THE BIG REVEAL

                       It's time!  I can't believe it's already here!  My partner Arlene Dean sent
                 me a delicious bead soup mix swap to work with!  As soon as I opened the
                 adorable box that she sent it in I KNEW what I was going to make!  I took
                 out my bead boards, lay the beads down and procrastinated until the last
                 minute to actually string them up!  A special thank you to Lori McDaniel
                                               Anderson for putting all of this together!

                       Here are the goodies that Arlene sent me...
             
                        The bead at the bottom with the ruffles is the hoarded bead!  She
                also sent coral, amethyst, quartz, a bead she made and some that she
                she started to bead around!

                         Now to reveal what I made with them...


I call this piece "Ode To Starbursts"!  It just makes me want to go to the corner store and buy a package of Starburst candies!  To the coral and jade beads that Arlene sent
me I added filigreebeads, mother of pearl rings, and chain. For the focal I wire wrapped  a mica wrapped button I purchased at Mood and a suede tassel!



                                                                                                        A Turkish pewter connector with Turkish pewter dangles hangs from chain and crystals and pewter bead and then attached some fancy faceted crystals to the honey colored quartz points!  This  necklace would be perfect for a Disney Princess, don't you think?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

  •                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I decided that the Hoarded Bead needed to be showcased in a simple design.  The ruffled bead hangs on vintage chain with deep purple bicones and fire polish peacock beads adding in some stardust beads as spacers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
     For my final piece I chose to make a pair of earrings using the multifaceted crystals and honey quartz to "sandwich" floral connectors in the middle!  Dainty yet elegant all at once!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
I had a wonderful time creating these pieces of jewelry with the beads that my partner Arlene sent me and hope that you will take the time to read her blog as well as those 
of the other participants listed!  
    
Lori Anderson :: Hostess

42 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!!! Great designs!!! I Think you did an Amazing job!!! Great use of color, You have great combinations of texture and movement!! Great Job!! Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing so much inspiration with us. I have to admit a fondness for those Turkish components.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! I love the Turkish pewter!

      Delete
  3. I love the color combinations you used. Now I want a Starburst!
    That Turkish pewter is really cool. What a great job you did with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb! I have been craving them all day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Robin, I like the pink and orange together in the first necklace. I agree that the second necklace has a Disney princess feel and the earrings go well with it too. The third necklace is very unusual because you chose to put the crystals at the back instead of the chain. Great job using your swap beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! It was a spur of the moment decision to do that!

      Delete
  5. The Turkish pendant really pops - love the style. Ode to Starbursts - the name made me laugh out loud and it's a fitting name, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy! I have been craving Starbursts!

      Delete
  6. great pieces, especially the Turkish necklace, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Turkish necklace is very interesting Robin and it would indeed suit a Disney princess, who could be you know ehem... ehem... modeled after me :) The exotic Indian gypsy with urban tastes - LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Divya! You know, you do look like an Indian Princess! Maybe subconsciously I designed it with you in mind! :)

      Delete
  8. Really nice design work Robin! What a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark! It really was a blast! I have another swap coming up! I can't wait for that one!

      Delete
  9. Great collection of designs. I really like the Turkish one.
    Janeen Burlingame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janeen! I had fun making that one!

      Delete
  10. Well Robin another beautiful collection. The Turkish pewter piece is gorgeous a perfect piece for a princess. And i love the romantic vibe I'm getting from the dainty earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I had the connectors for a while and had just taken them out when my swap came and just knew what I would make!

      Delete
  11. I love how you used the honey quartz in the earrings. It's a beautiful complement to the floral connectors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces, I really love the colors of the Ode to Starburst.
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me laugh - you knew what to make as soon as you saw the beads but strung them in the last moment! I so relate :) The necklace with the Turkish connector is my favorite, not that is was easy to choose! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always do that! I had been organizing my bead hoard and had just come across the pieces when my swap was delivered! LOL

      Delete
  14. Love all your wonderful designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pieces and Perfect descriptions! I agree the Turkish pewter necklace is befitting a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great group of pieces. My favorite is the starburst one, I completely agree with your name and am surprised at how much I'm drawn to that bold color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made beautiful necklaces and earring out of your soup.
    I love the turkish pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't choose a favorite here, I love everything you made with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and design on the Starburst necklace, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors and design on the Starburst necklace, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I have one of those Turkish connectors.....some where! I love the brilliance of the Starburst!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, those earrings are so cool. You did a lovely job with your soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi. Such a creative, (and each item so very different from the next) fun soup. Love everything you made. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're all great, but I *love* the colors of Starburst! It really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All very pretty things - aren't purple and orange fun to combine and work with?

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow so colorfful and fun. love them all

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like everything you create... only a genius creative mind can look at a pile of 'junk' and create something positively gorgeous out of it! keep up the inspiring work, Robin...

    ReplyDelete